Business Law (19)
Customer Service (12)
Family Business (4)
Human Resources (27)
A small business blog featuring tips to help entrepreneurs succeed in the small business world. Topics include family business, human resources, marketing, money, networking, operations, ownership, startup, taxes and technology.
Insurance for Small Businesses
Insurance isn’t typically top priority for a small business owner. Since accidents can and do happen it’s better to be prepared than sorry.
Here is a list of different insurance options that a small business owner may need:
• Health insurance is one of the most important insurance options of all, covering your general health and well-being.
• Disability insurance will guarantee income should you suddenly become unable to work because of injury or illness.
• Life insurance will help ensure that your family has the money it needs should you meet with an untimely death.
• Business property insurance helps protect you against loss of inventory or equipment in a flood, fire, or other disaster.
• Comprehensive general liability insurance protects you if someone is injured while on your property.
• Business interruption insurance will help your business recover from natural disasters by paying for operating expenses during downtime.
• Workers’ compensation insurance covers any medical expenses arising from injuries employees sustain while working for you.
Related Small Business Buzz Posts:
Preparing Your Business for Impending Disaster
Small Business Health Bill to Return to Senate
Avoiding the Courtroom: Tips for Deterring Litigation
Which Business Entity is Right for You? (Part 4)
Preparing for Disaster