Business Law (19)
Customer Service (12)
Family Business (4)
Human Resources (27)
A small business blog featuring tips to help entrepreneurs succeed in the small business world. Topics include family business, human resources, marketing, money, networking, operations, ownership, startup, taxes and technology.
Defeating Spam and Phishing
An estimated 45 percent of all e-mail is defined as spam, costing business worldwide $20 billion a year in lost productivity and technology expenses, according to the Radicati Group, a market research firm in Palo Alto, California.
Following are five critical tips which will help you create a more productive workplace that is better protected against spam and phishing attacks–even if you have minimal or no IT staff.
1) Make sure your employees are aware of “phishing” attacks.
2) Educate employees on the how-tos of secure e-mail usage.
3) Protect your business from being “phished.”
4) Let your employees have some control.
5) Choose an e-mail security solution that’s right for you.
Related Small Business Buzz Posts:
Getting the Most Out of E-Mail Marketing
How Accessible are You?
Cybercrime on the Rise
The Right Way to Write-Off Business Expenses (Part 1)
Leaders as Strong Public Speakers